ZERO CARBON GRID
Transitioning to 100% renewable energy supply is the backbone of L.A.’s sustainability strategy. LADWP is investing in solar, wind, energy storage, energy efficiency and programs to ensure reliability and affordability for clean power. L.A. recently sped up its target date to achieve a clean grid from 2045 to 2035 — ten years ahead of schedule!
- LADWP will supply 80% renewable energy by 2030; and 100% by 2035
- Increase cumulative megawatts (MW) by 2025; 2035; and 2050 of:
- Local solar to 900-1,500 MW; 1,500-1,800 MW, and 1,950 MW
- Energy storage capacity to 1,654-1,750 MW, 3,000 MW, and 4,000 MW
- Demand response programs to 234 MW (2025) and 600 MW (2035)
To learn more, check out the Los Angeles 100% Renewable Energy Study (LA100), a groundbreaking report that explores the pathways L.A. could take to achieve a 100% clean energy future.