ZERO WASTED WATER
Water is our most precious resource and that’s why we must invest in sourcing it locally to ensure we have a more resilient and sustainable future. Zero wasted water means fully utilizing the resources we have locally so all Angelenos have access to healthy, clean drinking water.
- Source 70% of L.A.’s water locally and capture 150,000 acre feet per year of stormwater by 2035
- Recycle 100% of all wastewater for beneficial reuse by 2035
- Build at least 10 new multi-benefit stormwater capture projects by 2025; 100 by 2035; and 200 by 2050
- Reduce potable water use per capita by 22.5% by 2025; and 25% by 2035; and maintain or reduce 2035 per capita water use through 2050
- Install or refurbish hydration stations at 200 sites, prioritizing municipally-owned buildings and public properties such as parks by 2035
To learn more, check out Operation NEXT, the transformational initiative to ensure a sustainable and resilient water supply for L.A.